Saturday, February 26, 2011

Third trimester (IN ENGLISH)

I feel like the worst person in the world.
I just got the sweetest email from Ryan's grandma (Fisher) saying that she read my blog and she was so thankful that I decided to share about my pregnancy with those I love.
Except that I haven't written in English in a long time and I feel like I'm leaving out so many friends and family that (surprisingly) want to read about my pregnancy.

Well, I am really sorry!
I never meant to "leave you out".
The thing is I started this blog to keep the family in Brazil updated about our lives, long before I was pregnant. I never thought I would have my American friends and family reading the blog.
I know I should write more posts in English, but it takes so much time to translate that I get lazy (and I'm a horrible translator). But I promise I'll try to do better.

So, just to keep you guys updated, here is how my third trimester has been so far:

•My third trimester has been easier than I thought it would be. Yes, I am very big, but I still have energy to run errands and people keep telling me to "slow down and rest" all the time. I think I'll go crazy if I follow their advice. I need to be productive.

•This last week was by far the hardest in my pregnancy. And that's because I was sick. I don't know if it was just a really bad cold or allergies, but I couldn't breath, sleep, and I didn't have energy to do anything. Plus I was having pretty regular contractions. I really didn't want to take any medications but I had reached my limit, so I went to the store and bought some Claritin for allergies (yes, it is safe for pregnancy). That's been helping and today I felt better (but that is also due to the fact that BYU beat San Diego State, AGAIN!).

•My house has never been so clean in my life! I think the "nesting instinct" kicked in really hard and I just can't stop cleaning the house. I cannot go to bed at night if there is one dirty cup in the sink, or if the picture frames are not arranged in the perfect angle. And I don't think I've ever done so much laundry in my life! Anything that could go in the washer has been there, seriously.

•We finished organizing and decorating baby's nursery and it looks adorable. I was thinking about making a video and posting it here sometime. What do you guys think?

•I've been having contractions for a long time. But lately they've been getting strong and regular. I spent 2 days having contractions every 30 minutes!! And boy, they are getting strong! What makes me feel better is to sit on the exercize ball and bounce until they pass (my contractions last for at least 1 minute each, crazy huh?). That caught us by surprise, we are starting to think that baby may come earlier than we thought! So we went to Target the other day and bought everything we still needed for baby (like diapers, wipes, etc). Now we are all ready for him! Well, I still need to pack the hospital bag and install the car seat, which we are going to do tomorrow.

•My sleep schedule has been crazy. Sometimes I get a pretty good nights sleep, sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep, sometimes I can't sleep at all... I think my body is preparing me for mommyhood. But, thanks to my body pillow, I get pretty confortable at night.

•So far, no swollen ankles, fingers or face (that was my biggest fear).

•I can't wait to hold my little guy, but I wouldn't mind if he waits for my mom to get here (she gets here in a week!).

•We went to a breastfeeding class on Ryan's birthday. Honestly I didn't learn much, but it was worth seeing Ryan "breastfeeding" a doll. I had to remind him constantly that I was the one who needed the doll to try the different breastfeeding positions.


•Ryan has been such a wonderful support for me during my pregnancy. I seriously couldn't do it without him. His momma raised him right :)

Well, that's all I can think of right now.
If there is any news I'll come back to let you know :)

And grandma, if you are reading this, we would love to have lunch with you sometime this week!!

Tassia Oliphant

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the english post! I use my google chrome to translate the others. It isn't perfect but I can keep up a bit with you that way. I'm so excited to see you all (and baby boy!) in a few weeks. I've been thinking about you and can totally relate right now! Isn't it great to have supportive husbands? Josh was so good too. Especially right after I had Alex and was pretty crazy emotionally. It will be great for you to have your mom there too!

    Long comment... but I'd love to bring something up for the baby. What could you still use? My mom said that you have plenty of newborn clothes but I have 4-5 swaddling blankets and a little vibrating chair that was nice to put Alex in when he was littler. He liked being able to look around and watch us from it. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oi amiga, que chato né? pessoas ñ atorizadas lendo nosso bloguim, foi isso mesmo q vc quis dizer né?
    mas acontece? qnd expomos nossas vidas assim publicamente, acaba dando nisso, é um risco q corremos.
    Apesar do texto está em inglÊs me esforcei (rsrsrs) sim meu inlgês é horrível sou relaxada e ñ estudo o suficiente já q ñ tenho contato com a língua assim como vc, daí já viu..
    mas amei, foi mais um motivo para exercitar.
    Qnt a limpeza da casa, nossa! fica difícil né? e as contrações é normal senti-las agora nesse período.
    bju grande e espero q melhore logo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you!! It sounds like you're ready. Hope everything goes well when the time comes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tássia deve ser realmente frustante ou ao menos curioso para sua família e amigos americanos, que tbm querem participar do desenvolvimento do Luca não pode ler.
    Uma dica que eu te dou é colocar aqui no seu blog aquele tradutor (no meu blog têm), ai fica fácil tanto para a brasileiros ou americanos. E vc não precisa ficar traduzindo.


    Bjos,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really, there are so many translation tools on the internet that you don't have to worry about the rest of us. Every once in a while, an English post is nice, but the rest of the time we'll be fine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. MIGA, TIVE DE PRIVATIZAR MEU BLOG DE NOVO PQ NOVOS INCONVENIENTES SURGIRAM E EU TO DE CARA COM ISSO!!
    DEPOIS TE CONTO.
    MANDEI CONVITE PRO SEU E-MAIL
    POR FAVOR, CASO NAO RECEBER ME AVISE.
    BJOS.
    QUALQUER COISA ENVIE UMA MENSAJEM
    PRO MEU e-mail:

    bb1303@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oi Tássia,
    Que maravilha vê-la mãe dedicada do Luca.Que Deus o abençôe e que a felicidade seja constante em suas vidas!
    Um beijo,
    Ana

    ReplyDelete